Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Jordans


I know there's a culture of shoe collectors and sneaker heads who swear by the release of new (or old, whatever) Jordan kicks.  That's all well and good, but at what point does it become impractical?  I know people standing in line for hours to buy shit is nothing new at all, but that Black Friday/Doorbuster mess is generally to take advantage of some out of control sale you think you'll never see again.  Jordan shoes are typically the same price every single time they come out, if not more.  Yet without fail, the sneaker heads hit every Footlocker or Champs across the country to be one of the first 3 miillion people person to be seen with them in public.  I guess since I'm not a sneaker head, it's not something I can relate to.  All i gotta say is, everyone that manages to wake up at 5 A.M. to buy some overpriced shoes yet can't find 20-30 minutes in a 12 hour period to vote for the president: fuck your life. 


Update: I've heard unconfirmed reports of people getting held up gunpoint for these shoes, but here's at least one incident of a fight breaking out.  Idiots.

No comments: