Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saw VI Sucks!


Among my peers, I'm easily the most receptive to the "Saw" franchise.  Every year, I eagerly await each new release while I'm met with various "what the fuck for?" responses.  But I don't watch them soley for the gruesome death traps like most people do.  I am genuinely interested in the storyline and love seeing how it'll progress one movie to the next. So interested, I am, that I happily sat through the pretty horribly acted/scripted "Saw 5" since it seemed to set up an excellent chance for "Saw 6" to answer many of the series' questions.  Imagine my utter dissappointment when this movie COMPLETELY dropped the ball and blew any chance it had at being the movie fans were looking for.  Yes, the death traps were there (although aside from like 2, they're getting pretty bland), and yes John Kramer is fully present via flashbacks (and he easily steals the show), but for every one answer the offered (and they weren't nearly as satisfying as I hoped), they raised two or three more.  The end of the movie offered none of the resolution producers promised, and the trademark "twists" at the end have easily lost their bang over the last few entries.  I get the impression the writers are doing nothing more than leaving the movie open to make more movies (and hence, more money) rather than doing the right thing and wrapping up this fucking story.  The "make shit up as we go along" crap is NOT cutting it, and I highly doubt I'll be anywhere near the movie theater for the all-but-confirmed "Saw 7" and "Saw 8".  No fucking thanks!

3 comments:

charles said...

Just got back from SAW 6. LOVED IT, The ending was amazing, probably the best saw ever. the ending was amazing and the deaths were there. Do not pay attention to the reptile who wrote the bad review of the film. It don't know what it's talking about. The movie could of been better if Striggity ( the moron who wrote the bad review) were caught in a real life Saw situation where he in fact did suffer some sort of dismemberment,
Lets pray it happens

Brittany said...

....I told you so.

g said...

yea, i heard paranormal activities sucked too....and its no surprise that saw vi was week...movies like that lose their meaning when theres been too many sequels too them=P ...

_georgie
georgieporgiepie.blogspot.com