Friday, September 4, 2009

The Blacker The 'Berry, The More An The Droid?


What I'm about to say may come as a complete shock to you.  Or you may not give a fuck at all.  Whatever.  In any event, I'm strongly considering switching from a Blackberry (which has been my smartphone of choice since 2005) to an Android powered device.  I'm a self admitted tech/gadget nerd.  I love trying out new things so I'm known to swap phones once every few months.  For the past year, I've had a Blackberry Curve which I absolutely adore.  But my love for Blackberry's can't help me overlook their one sore spot: software.  As great as the devices are, and as awesome as they are for emailing, the overall software operating system has been limited to very subtle advances since I first owned one.  And seeing the Android platform grow before our very eyes makes it very appealing to a nerd such as myself.  Having played with the T-Mobile (gross) myTouch 3G, I really dig the interface and I like what the platform stands for as a whole. If Verizon brings the attractive Android device I'm hoping for, I may very well be living my last days as a Blackberry owner.  Motorola better not fuck this up for me.

No comments: