Friday, August 28, 2009

Movie Review: "The Final Destination"

I'll be completely honest: no, I haven't seen this movie. And as of now, I have zero intention of seeing it. But, after seeing the trailer a few times, I was pretty psyched. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a basher of the franchise or anything. I thought the first movie was great, the second one was fairly decent, and the third one was awful. I REALLY didn't see the need for a fourth one, but the deaths seemed fun, the acting seemed (slightly) better, and who can pass up 3D violence, right? Well, I'm glad I saved my $11, because I caught a few reviews that confirmed my one fear about the flick: it's exactly like the last three movies.

It's my own dumb fault for thinking this movie would be anything other than a carbon copy, paint by numbers wannabe of it's predecessors. But they marketed it perfectly! Cool opening disaster scene, some seemingly interested kills, and a somewhat different title to separate it from the sorry mess of a movie that came before it. But they didn't even bother dressing the movie up with some sort of clever twist that would link it to the previous films. It's just two hours of people we don't care about dying in hilariously impossible ways. I've seen that 3 times already. No thanks.

1 comment:

Fly X Chromozome said...

I got the bootleg homie lol...i cant see paying full price to see that. Just like every movie with a bit of action they show all the damn good parts on the preview and then you go see it and when it happens your like "that was it huh?" lol...just my $.02!!!