Sunday, May 2, 2010

X-Men 3 Fuckin' Sucked

FX is airing "X3: The Last Stand".  I haven't seen this movie since it came out all those years ago.  I'm such a huge X-Men fan that I think I tried to convince myself that this movie was great.  Looking at it after the fact makes me realize how far this is from the case is.  I'm not gonna get into how they butchered the history of the characters.  I'll just point out the other reasons it sucked.

  • Cyclops is the leader of the damn team (and one of the biggest characters in the book) and get's killed 20 minutes into the movie, AND off screen?  SERIOUSLY?
  • Cheesy ass dialog, aside from the "I'm the Juggernaut, Bitch", that was clearly thrown in only to appease the die hard fans of the book.  The one thing they did right.
  • Too many damn characters, made story (and I use that term loosely) seem rushed and convoluted, even by superhero movie standards.
  • The BS "Jean/Phoenix" explanation basically spat in the face of the previous two movies. Again, not even considering how they mangled the REAL Phoenix story, it's almost an insult to the viewers intelligence to pull this back story out of nowhere. 
  • The Title.  X3?  How corny.  Just X-Men 3 woulda been fine. 
The X-Men Legends movie wasn't much better.  In fact, it was a little bit worse in some ways.  I pray that they just reboot the series and start over.  Even do some re-casting.  Keep Hugh Jackman, he's cool.  And Patrick Stewart.  And the guy who played Gambit and Magneto.  Everyone else can go suck it.  Including the writers and producers.  

3 comments:

Kate said...

OK, I didn't see it and I was definitely going to make a snarky comment like "well, what did you expect?" But I get ya. It sounds particularly horrible...

Unknown said...

1. The movie wasn't called X3, it was called X-Men: The Last Stand, and 2. Fox messes up all comic book movies.

Striggity said...

lol...touche' on the title. I'm right about everything else tho. :)