Sunday, May 2, 2010

Twitter For Android Review

So Twitter has developed and released an official app for the Android platform.  I currently have 4 twitter apps installed on my Droid (overkill? perhaps).  There are aspects of all four that I like, but Twitter's official app will likely become my favorite for a few reasons.

The UI is gorgeous, obviously modeled after the twitter website.  On top of that, the app ties itself into the Android OS seamlessly by adding twitter info to existing contacts, using locations to place tweets on Google map layers, and much more.  Due to it's infancy, it's missing some features I've come to heavily rely on (jump to top, reply to all, auto refresh to name a few), But I've no doubt future updates will fix that.  I love Twidroid Pro but this is shaping up to be my go-to twitter app.  Thx Guise!

No comments: