Saturday, February 6, 2010

About The Grammys

After about a week since the airing of the Grammys, something has continued to bother me.  Not the fact that Taylor Swift won album of the year and can't even sing. Not the fact that they censored half of Drake, Wayne and Eminems performance.  What bugs me is the fact that the producers of the Grammys had 7 months to put together a Michael Jackson tribute yet the best they could do was slap together a cheesy 3D performance of a song that wasn't even close to being his most popular?  That makes little sense to me.  A one song performance.  Not a medly, and barely a "tribute".  It just seemed sloppy and last minute.  With the exception of Janet's surprise performance at the VMA's, I've yet to see anything that really served as a real ode to Michaels legacy.  I thought the Grammys would do better than this.

Sidenote: Michael got a one song.  Bon Jovi got three, oh..ok.

1 comment:

tee said...

My thought process when the tribute came on? "Yes, time for the MJ tribute! ...Earth Song? Well I wouldn't have picked that but okay, cool. ...I mean they're not going to sing the whole song right? ...Oh my God, they're singing the whole song. ...Wait, that's it??"

Excuse me while I get ignorant for 2 seconds. How, HOW, do you have a MJ tribute with no dancing?? Where is the tutting? The "Smooth Criminal" lean? The moonwalk?? Where is Chris Brown and why is he not jumping on tables biting MJ's moves?? I can't. That was whack!

--T

P.S. Don't delete this, thanks. ;)