Friday, January 22, 2010

Parking Lot Etiquette


I went to Wal-Mart this morning before work and was reminded of yet another reason I sometimes dread leaving the house.  It's bad enough people in my city don't know how to drive, but it appears some people have dips in their IQ as soon as they enter a parking lot.  There are alot of things that annoy me about people in parking lots but I'll list the three biggest issues I have.

  1. The parking space scavenger:  This is the idiot who notices someone loading groceries into their trunk, so they pull up near them, flash their signal to indicate that they have "dibs" on this soon to be empty space, and back up the flow of traffic since the people behind them can't get anywhere.  Cut that shit out. 
  2. The "I'm too lazy to park, so I'll just pull up in the fire lane and throw my hazards on" guy:  As the name suggests, parking their car a few feet away from the store entrance and walking to the store is a bit too much trouble for them.  This also distrupts the flow of traffic because now I gotta make sure no one is coming from the opposite direction before I go around.  Cut that shit out.
  3. The "crooked/tire on the line" parker:  Probably the most egregious of all parking transgressions.  This idiot just plain doesn't know how to park.  It seems they always strike at the most annoying times; their bad parking will cost you one of the last spaces available, forcing you to continue driving around until you're so far from the damn store you'll forget what you went there for by the time you make it in.  CUT THAT SHIT OUT.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

lmao.

Anonymous said...

I'm writing a post about Cellphone Etiquette.It's in draft started on it a couple of days ago. Lol.

Striggity said...

lol I patiently await that read. =-]

Anonymous said...

Thought it was funny we'd both have an idea about etiquette around the same time.

Striggity said...

You know what they say about great minds!