Sunday, August 30, 2009

Luke Ramirez Is NOT 13 Years Old

With all the noise being made about that runner being subjected to a gender test, someone needs to run an AGE TEST on this Luke Ramirez kid.  They're claiming he's 13  years old, but he's like 6'2", 200+ lbs (way bigger than I am as a Goddamn 26 year old).  That's a little bit ridiculous.  I saw one clip of him smacking a homerun and dropping his bat like he was Albert Pujols or something.  It doesn't help that the Little League field is clearly smaller than a major league field and this 13 year old is bigger than some major leaguers.  Even if he IS really 13, isn't it a tad unfair to have him batting against pitchers who are half his size?  I personally could care less about the Little League World Series; I was forced to watch it due to ESPN airing it instead of my favorite afternoon lineup.  But something about this kid blasting bombs on a bunch of pre teens doesn't sit right with me.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm Mexican and am 6' 220 lbs, almost the exact same dimensions as Luke Ramirez. I'm 32 years old and played baseball in college. My mom kept really good records of our heights and weights from Drs appointments and at 13 I was 5'6" 140 lbs.

I'm sorry, but Mexicans just do not get that big that early in their lives. I'd love to see what his dad looks like, that might shed some light on things.

Striggity said...

hahaha, I can believe you. I get that some people are early bloomers, but that's outrageous. haha.

Anonymous said...

I'm 14 and about 6'1 and 185, so i kind of consider myself kind of big. but this kid at 13 and being 6'2 and 220lbs is just not believable. He weighs more than my 6'5 basketball playing brother and hes been 6'5 since he was 18 and now hes 23. I mean come on, jesus.

Striggity said...

LOL...they should institute a height/weight limit on some of these kids. His team has an obvious advantage from the start based on his size!

Anonymous said...

I'm six foot, 13 years old, and a GIRL. And no, i don't take steroids. It is perfectly average for a kid to be this big. There are three guys in my school that are taller than him. Stop being jelous, and face the fact that this kid is good.